Welcome to Blackshark.ai. We believe in creating value by providing powerful insights.
Blackshark.ai is creating a digital twin of planet earth powered by satellite data & artificial intelligence.
We are a team of 50+ data scientists, geospatial engineers, 3D rendering programmers and developers based in San Francisco, Seattle, US, and Graz, Austria, Europe's computer vision hub.
Our revolutionary platform is using Machine Learning to extract information from the surface of our planet by using satellite imagery and other relevant data. A patented reconstruction technology allows streaming and rendering of detected 3D features in unmatched visual quality containing material properties and other semantic features.
We have a culture being focused on individuals and their individual goals in order to create something bigger than ourselves.
Come and join Blackshark.ai and help us create the ultimate vision of a digital Planet Earth.
We are looking for a talented Environmental Artist passionate about cutting edge Environmental Design. We are aiming for a cool hyper-realistic visual style, so there won't be any dragons or orcs - sorry :)
You will collaborate with a talented group of engineers and technical artists to create and maintain new technologies for large scale content generation for diverse use cases such as flight and drone simulation, or autonomous driving.
In particular you will:
- Produce high-quality 3D environments and assets from concept briefs and descriptions for various customers (flight sim, drone simulation, autonomous driving)
- Optimization of assets to fit specific technical requirements.
- Support other artists by advising on pipeline and optimization
- Verify the overall quality of assets in accordance with needs and artistic direction.
- Provide status updates and reports to stakeholders both internal and external.
- Participate in scoping and planning with leads and producers.
- Collaborate closely with artists, tech artists, developers and key stakeholders to conceptualize, design, iterate on a range of assets to bring our projects to life.
- Trouble-shoot levels and maintain the required specification such as frame rate, memory, etc.
- Communicate effectively with other team members, production and management to make sure all goals are met.
- You can execute highly detailed, photorealistic real-time environments.
- Great understanding of next gen asset creation, and your versatility enables you to create both hard surfaces and organic environments.
- Professional experience working closely with a structured small team.
- A keen eye for composition, shape, colour and detail.
- You are familiar with real time rendering engines (ex: Unreal Engine 4, Unity)
- You are self motivated and you can carry out the vision until completion
- You master relevant software packages such as Maya, Photoshop, Substance Designer
- You have a strong understanding of physically based shaders.
- You are reliable and have good communication skills in English and a positive attitude.
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of substance designer.
- Experience with procedural generation techniques
- Experience with blueprints.
- Experience with outsourcing.
It is required that you submit a portfolio of your work with your application. You may do so by providing a link to an online portfolio (preferred) or attaching documents to your resume.
Your portfolio must contain shot breakdowns of your work so it is clear what you were responsible for.
The portfolio should include:
- Examples of natural and realistic environments and props.
- Examples of materials and high quality textures.
- Both organic and hard surface work