Welcome to Blackshark.ai. We believe in creating value by providing powerful insights.
Blackshark.ai is creating a digital twin of planet earth powered by satellite data & artificial intelligence.
We are a team of 50+ data scientists, geospatial engineers, 3D rendering programmers and developers based in San Francisco, Seattle, US, and Graz, Austria, Europe's computer vision hub.
Our revolutionary platform is using Machine Learning to extract information from the surface of our planet by using satellite imagery and other relevant data. A patented reconstruction technology allows streaming and rendering of detected 3D features in unmatched visual quality containing material properties and other semantic features.
We have a culture being focused on individuals and their individual goals in order to create something bigger than ourselves.
Come and join Blackshark.ai and help us create the ultimate vision of a digital Planet Earth.
To support our mission of reshaping the way of how we engage the planet, we are looking for a highly motivated CFO/COO to support our rapidly growing and fast-paced startup. You will drive the overall efficiency of the organization, which includes all aspects of our financial health as well as the oversight of our organization’s ongoing operations. You will help create a culture of data-driven decision making, drive growth, and enable the company to scale to the next level of operational excellence.
This will include:
- Setting up a company wide reporting system and providing key financial insights and operational analytics to help better formulate strategy
- Translating strategy into actionable and measurable goals for company execution, and collaborating with other executives and their teams to achieve these goals. Key collaborative teams will include sales, business development, product and engineering.
- Developing and overseeing the operational and financial health for the organization, from setting departmental budget to establishing financial and operational controls.
- Being in charge of legal and contractual matters for the organization.
- Being responsible for the current financial accounting as well as financial management with regard to P&L, balance sheet, liquidity (incl. processing of payment transactions), and ensuring ensuring compliance with all tax regulations and business obligations
- Monitoring competitive landscape and continuously implementing industry-wide best practices to ensure the company maintains a competitive operational edge.
- Setting up a finance and accounting team as the company expands
- Several years of finance experience in a fast-paced environment such as consulting, finance, or high-growth tech start-ups
- Exceptional analytical skills - you are thinking of KPIs and processes all day long
- You are a great communicator and get along easily with people of different backgrounds and departments
- You are a proactive and solution-oriented problem-solver, comfortable with ambiguity, complexity, and nuance.
- You can take ownership of fast-paced projects with rapidly shifting priorities, managing them through to completion with patience, flexibility, and passion.
- You have outstanding Excel skills, and experience in project management
Ideally, you have experience with one of the following:
- Setting up complex software tools from scratch (such as CRMs, ERPs, bookkeeping tools)
- US accounting
- Geospatial industry
- Negotiating procurement deals
Why join us?
- Cutting-edge projects with global Tier 1 reference customers in a wide range of industries.
- A straightforward mindset: focus on the goal, get things done, and keep cool.
- Friendly atmosphere, with amazing and passionate colleagues from all backgrounds and nationalities.
- Flat hierarchy, fast decisions, and agile work environment where your ideas and concepts are welcome.
- The opportunity to learn and develop in a team eager to drive innovation.
- A culture that values teamwork, expertise sharing and humility, and where all collaborate towards the same goal.
- Work-life balance and the flexibility to accommodate personal situations.
- HQ situated in Graz, Austria, a hidden gem with an extraordinary high quality of life, between the Mediterranean Sea and the Alps.
- A competitive salary based on experience and qualiﬁcations.*
*The remuneration for the position advertised above is fixed by Austrian collective agreement. The effective salary depends on qualification and experience and may be significantly higher.